Wednesday, August 22, 2007

One Year Old!



A year ago today I was at the hospital still in labor with Jonathan. It is hard to believe that a year has passed already since that day. I haven't gotten to sleep late since!! That's o.k. though, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Coffee helps.

Right before my Dr. started the c-section to remove my poor stuck child, she looked at me and said "I normally don't say things like this, but I think it's a boy. A girl wouldn't have given you this much trouble."
She was right, and here we are. Mother and son. He may have given me trouble in utero- but he has been a great baby overall. He doesn't fuss much (after the first 3 months anyway) and he eats and sleeps well. He was sleeping through the night by 4 months old, you can't ask for more than that!

Now Jonathan is a big boy (24 and a quarter pounds- 30 inches tall) and almost walking! He sings (for real!) and dances- see movie below- and almost walks. He can do it just holding on with one hand.

I'll be going back to work next week, and he'll be going to daycare a couple of days and my mom's the other days. I'll miss being with him all day, but hopefully getting out relatively early, I'll still feel like I'm spending the day with him.

No comments: