Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail




Finally, success! There were two other butterflies in the garden today, but this is the first one I've caught on film. Jonathan and I saw the first one early this afternoon. It flew right around us, but I didn't have my camera at the time. The second one was in the garden with this one that I got on camera, but it flew away when I was coming up the stairs. I looked up the picture, and this butterfly is an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. They are normally the butterfly most attracted to the butterfly bush, but this one seemed more interested in the zinnias, though it did visit the butterfly bush at one point. I'm not sure what kind of butterflies the other two I saw today were, but I will try to get some more on film if I can. I'm so happy and excited that the butterflies are finally finding the garden! woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice!

Susan