Monday, June 18, 2007

John Edward

Saturday night I got to see John Edward live, with my mom and cousins. I don't know exactly what I expected, but I didn't expect that watching him live would be the same as watching him on TV. I thought he would get more things wrong, editing can be used on TV to make him seem more "right". I thought he would do many readings, I think there were only about 10 or so? I didn't expect to feel more disappointed for others who didn't get read than for myself. People had driven from New Hampshire and Maine, people who had lost children and spouses and friends. It was an unbelievable experience. The people who "came through" clearly needed to, either because of how they died, when they died, or who they left behind. The coincidences just within the audience members was enough to freak me out, without even the craziness of the fact that we were hearing from dead people. Like two women in the audience with the same name and both having a relative die from the same unusual disease. What are the odds on that? And I'm not talking about just first names, they had the same first AND middle name. WEIRD.

John kept using the word EVOLVE... that we should evolve from grief, that we should evolve in our lives. He also mentioned a woman who had lost a son from cancer talking about seeing everything as a blessing and not a loss. That is SO hard to do! And I'm not even talking about losing a child, it is hard to do when you have to go back to work and you don't want to, like me, or when you are in financial trouble, or anything that is bringing you down. All I know is that I couldn't sleep when I got back, regardless of the fact that I didn't get home till midnight... the scenes from the night kept playing in my head.

I know many people think he is a big phony, but for him to be a phony, there would have to be so many people in on the hoax... I just find it impossible to debunk him...

1 comment:

Marcel Cairo said...

Hi Denise. I was doing some general research on mediums and blogs on technorati when your blog popped up.

In addition to being a medium myself, I have also had the pleasure to be read by John Edward. You can read that story here.

Seeing that you used the word "debunk", I imagine that you are a bit skeptical, or if not, at least interested in the scientific method as it applies to consciousness survival. I highly encourage you to listen to a great podcast called Skeptiko which is uniting skeptics and believers in a collaborative discussion on this topic. You can also listen to my new online radio show, AfterlifeFM.

More importantly, you seem to be a flower person. If that is the case, I think you will love my friend Hank's blog.

It was nice to see how you enjoy your beautiful family. I totally understand.