Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Ants go Marching...

We have had an ant problem the last few days. What a nightmare! They were in the living room, not the kitchen, luckily, but it took me three days to determine where they were coming from. I also looked up every possible home remedy, not wanting to spray anything poisonous near Jonathan. So, in my quest, I've discovered that Cayenne pepper is annoying to ants, but not annoying enough to make them stay out of the living room. Spearmint gum, however, (I used Extra brand) makes a nice "caulk" for holes in windowsills and the ants really do hate the mint! Wacky, but true. So no ants in the living room for now... we'll see if we've eliminated them for good. Of course my mom had to put poison outside near where they were coming in, so I'll never know if my homemade repellent- a solution of white vinegar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper did any good.

No comments: