Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Only Thing to Fear

FDR- There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Well, here we are, in the War on Terror. Hmmmm, isn't that what he was warning us against? While we have been worrying about "terrorists," children have been going hungry, people have been devastated by a hurricane, "No Child Left Behind" has continued to go underfunded (and I don't think it would work even if it was funded), thousands of Americans have been killed in Iraq, tens of thousands have been injured, the injured soldiers have had to endure horrible conditions in Walter Reed, the vice president has shot someone in the face, a young man in Virginia shot down his classmates, and the only thing the media seems to care about is Anna Nicole Smith or whether or not Rosie O'Donnell is in a fued. Honestly, I am so mad I could just scream from the hillside. I don't understand why there is so much media attention to the fact that Rosie said that 650,000 Iraqi's are dead, who are the terrorists? She is right, we are over there in a war that was founded on LIES. BIG FAT LIES. Why doesn't anyone care??? How can they defend it by saying that at least Hussein isn't in power. WAS IT WORTH IT?? BILLIONS OF DOLLARS have been spent, that could have been used on supporting environmentally friendly products, education, election reform, health care reform, SOMETHING!! I was so naive when we started this war that I actually believed that there were weapons of mass destruction, and now I will never believe another thing that this administration says. And I am so pissed that everyone who says anything about THE BIG FAT LIES is said to be unamerican, unpatriotic, even crazy. Oh and the kicker, if you want the troops brought home, you don't support them. WHAT??? I am so tired of it!!! I think we should all be as outraged as Rosie is (no matter what you think of her personally) and if that makes me unamerican, then so be it.

No comments: